My first confrontation with computer was in 1989, when we had some time with BBC Micro in Computer labs during final year of engineering. We did some simple basic programming, and that was all. By the end of 1989, there was a new XT which was rarely available. But today, almost all PDA are faster and bigger that that XT.
Later I bought my first little computer, it was a CASIO with basic programming, but no memory, although world was little advance, but India was not open as yet at that time. There were some Psion PDA, but those were too expensive. In 1995 a PDA with 1 MB would cost Rs. 10,000 and now you can get a laptop for 17,000
In 1992 I would dream of some devices which could be used during field visits to keep in touch with office, and now I am roaming in China and calling my wife from a train, checking mails daily. World has changed too fast. My kid plays on a PSP which is a powerful toy that can be used for internet communication too.
In 1998 I used to dream to buy a Camera, which used to cost around Rs. 7,000... And now I daily move with 3 cameras, 0.3, 3, & 7 Mega Pixels, and can take almost thousands of pictures. it is just 10 years, what to expect in 2018?
No comments:
Post a Comment